Sec. 3-20-9 - Fees for services.
Sec. 3-20-9 Fees for services.
(a) The following fees shall be charged for reproductions and other special services:
(1) Xerographic copy of any record up to 8-1/2″ x 14″: twenty-five cents for each exposure.
(2) Xerographic copy of any record over 8-1/2″ x 14″: $5 per exposure.
(3) Making a typewritten copy of any record: $5 for each page of copy or fraction thereof, plus certification.
(4) For mail or facsimile orders, in addition to copying fees, a handling fee of $1, plus postage and facsimile long-distance charges shall be assessed at current U.S. postal rates or long-distance telephone rates assessed to the state.
(5) In addition to above, fees shall be charged for research if more than fifteen minutes are required to identify materials for reproduction.
(6) Each hour or fraction thereof of staff time required in transporting and safe-guarding records and other materials required to be temporarily removed from the state archives for any purpose: $15.
(7) Handling photographic orders: $1.00 per image, plus a handling fee of $1 per order form.
(8) Each hour or fraction thereof of research performed by the state archives staff: $17, except this fee may not be charged for the initial fifteen minutes.
(9) Each hour or fraction thereof spent translating any document in the state archives from Hawaiian into English: $17, except this fee may not be charged for the initial fifteen minutes.
(10) Certification as to the authenticity of any copy: $2.25.
(11) Certified statement: $5.00 for each page of copy or fraction thereof, plus $2.25 for certification.
(12) The archives may require payment of the estimated total amount of fees prior to completing reproduction, research, or translation if:
(A) The estimated total amount of fees is likely to exceed $25.00; or
(B) The person requesting services has an outstanding balance due to the state archives.
(b) The above fees shall not be charged:
(1) Where the work involved is requested by agencies of the state or counties of Hawaii, or federal governments.
(2) When a reproduction is made to furnish the donor of a document or other gift with a copy of the original.”
[Eff 3/30/81; am and comp 2/07/94; am 11/17/97] (Auth: HRS Sec. 94-1) (Imp: HRS Sec. 94-4)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.