§8-60-7 - Extended school year services.
(1) The department shall ensure that extended school year services are available as necessary to provide a FAPE, consistent with paragraph (2).
(2) Extended school year services shall be provided only if a student's IEP team determines, on an individual basis, in accordance with sections 8-60-44 through 8-60-48, that the services are necessary for the provision of a FAPE to the student;
(3) In implementing the requirements of this subchapter, the department may not:
(A) Limit extended school year services to particular categories of disability; or
(B) Unilaterally limit the type, amount, or duration of those services.
(b) Definition. The term “extended school year services” means special education and related services that:
(1) Are provided to a student with a disability:
(A) Beyond the normal school year of the department;
(B) In accordance with the student's IEP; and
(C) At no cost to the parents of the student; and
(2) Meet the standards of the department.
[Eff 11/23/09] (Auth: 20 U.S.C. 1412(a)(1); HRS §302A-1112) (Imp: 34 C.F.R. §300.106)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.