Idaho Admin. Code r. 24.28.01.309 - QUALIFICATIONS FOR INSTRUCTOR LICENSE
Current through August 30, 2021
The Board may grant a license to an applicant for licensure as an
instructor who meets the requirements set forth in Section
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
309. QUALIFICATIONS FOR ORIGINAL BARBER OR BARBER-STYLIST INSTRUCTOR LICENSE.
The Board may grant a license to an applicant for licensure as a barber instructor or barber-stylist instructor who completes an application as set forth in Section 200 of these rules, pays the required fee, and meets the following licensure, education, experience, and examination qualifications: (4-1-19)
01. Licensure. Hold a current barber license for a barber instructor applicant or hold a current barber- stylist or cosmetologist license for a barber-stylist instructor applicant. (4-1-19)
02. Education and Experience. At least five (5) years of experience as a licensed barber for a barber instructor applicant or as a licensed barber-stylist for a barber-stylist instructor applicant or have satisfactorily completed: (4-1-19)
a. A minimum six (6) month course of barber instructing for a barber instructor applicant or barber- stylist instructing for a barber-stylist instructor applicant as a student in a licensed barber school, provided that the course consist of no less than nine hundred (900) hours; or (4-1-19)
b. A minimum three (3) month course of barber instructing for a barber instructor applicant or barber- stylist instructing for a barber-stylist instructor applicant as a student in a licensed barber school, if the applicant has at least two (2) years of experience as a licensed barber for a barber instructor applicant or as a barber-stylist for a barber-stylist instructor applicant, provided that the course consist of no less than five hundred (500) hours; or (4-1-19)
c. Hold a cosmetology instructor license in this state. (4-1-19)
03. Examination. Successful passage of the instructor examination approved by the Board. (4-1-19)
04. Single License Required to Practice and Instruct. The holder of a license issued by the board who is subsequently issued an instructor license is permitted to maintain a single license to practice. An instructor license issued by the board permits the holder to both practice and instruct only within the scope of the license(s) held under Subsection 01 of this rule. The holder of a cosmetologist license who is subsequently issued a barber-stylist instructor license may not practice or instruct elements of barbering or barber-styling that are outside the definition of cosmetology unless the licensee also has been issued a license as a barber or barber-stylist by the board. (4-1-19)