Idaho Admin. Code r. - HVAC PERMITS

Current through August 30, 2021

01. HVAC Contractors and HVAC Specialty Contractors. The Division will furnish permits to certified HVAC contractors and HVAC specialty contractors upon request. The serial numbers of such permits must be registered in the name of the HVAC contractor or HVAC specialty contractor to whom they are issued. (7-1-21)T
02. Home Owners. Home owners or a contract purchaser of residential property, making HVAC installations on their own residences, coming under the provisions of Section 54-5002, Idaho Code, must secure an HVAC permit by making application to the Division as provided in Section 54-5016, Idaho Code. (7-1-21)T
03. Transferring a Permit. A HVAC permit may be transferred to another eligible party if such party provides to the Division written authorization signed and notarized by the original permit holder consenting to the transfer itself as well as assignment of all the responsibilities and conditions incorporated into the original permit issuance. A permit may be transferred to the owner of the property on which the HVAC work is to be performed and for which the permit was issued for such owners' designated legal agent, in cases where the property owner has terminated their legal relationship with the HVAC contractor who originally obtained the permit. An administrative fee in the amount of forty-five dollars ($45) for the transfer of a permit will be assessed by the Division. (7-1-21)T


Idaho Admin. Code r.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.