Sec. 1770.200 - Eligibility to Buy
§ 1770.200. Eligibility to Buy
a) No ticket shall be purchased by, and no prize shall be paid to any of the following persons:
1) Any member of the Board or any officer or other person employed by the Board or by the Department;
2) Any employees of any TV station from which Lottery drawings originate who are directly involved in the production of drawing telecasts, including floor director, camera operators, stage hands, character generator operators, air control technicians, announcer and performer for each telecast;
3) Employees of any firm overseeing the conduct of the Lottery's drawings, if those employees are directly involved in the drawing process, as well as the owners or principal officers of the firm;
4) Employees of any advertising agency, public relations agency or any consultant employed by the Department, if the employees are directly involved in the Lottery engagement;
5) Employees of audit firms who are actually performing on site contractual audit services with respect to the Department's operations;
6) Any person residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of any person designated in subsections (a)(1) through (a)(5);
7) Any person under the age of 18 (Section 15 of the Act).
b) If the Superintendent determines that the purchase of Lottery tickets by officers or employees of any other vendor of goods or services to the Department or Board may jeopardize the security or integrity of the Lottery, the Superintendent will provide by rule or by contract with the vendor that no ticket shall be purchased by, and no prize shall be paid to, any officer or employee of the vendor, or certain officers or employees of the vendor, or persons residing as members of the same households as the prohibited officers or employees.(
Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 14356, effective September 14, 2012)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.