Sec. 254.501 - Contents of a Seasonal Emissions Report
§ 254.501. Contents of a Seasonal Emissions Report
a) The owner or operator of a source subject to the seasonal emissions reporting requirements for ERMS required by 35 Ill. Adm. Code 205.300 must provide the following information:
1) Source identification information:
A) Source name, physical location and mailing address;
B) Name of Responsible Official; and
C) Source contact telephone number.
2) The following certification statement, unless another statement is required to be submitted pursuant to the source's permit: "I certify under penalty of law that this document and all attachments were prepared under my direction or supervision in accordance with a system designed to assure that qualified personnel properly gather and evaluate the information submitted. Based on my inquiry of the person or persons directly responsible for gathering the information, the information submitted is, to the best of my knowledge and belief, true, accurate and complete." The certification statement shall be signed and dated by the responsible official and accompanied by her or his printed full name, title, and a telephone number.
3) Total actual seasonal VOM emissions, excluding emission units exempt under 35 Ill. Adm. Code 205.220, and including identification of the following:
A) Emissions from units included in the ERMS baseline determination;
B) Emissions from units permitted prior to January 1, 1998, but not yet included in the ERMS baseline;
C) Emissions attributable to major modifications;
D) Emissions from emergency conditions approved in accordance with 35 Ill. Adm. Code 205.750(c); and
E) Excess emissions allowed by variance, consent order or CAAPP permit compliance schedule.
4) The following information must be provided for each emission unit addressed in subsection (a)(3) of this Section:
A) Name of each emission unit;
B) Actual seasonal production or material usage;
C) Method of emissions calculation; and
D) Actual seasonal VOM emissions.
b) The owner or operator of a participating source or new participating source under 35 Ill. Adm. Code 205 must provide total seasonal actual emissions of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) that are also VOM for the following HAPs:
1) Each VOM HAP that is regulated at the source by MACT or a NESHAP;
2) Each VOM HAP for which the source is considered a major source based on emissions of a single HAP or combination of HAPs under section 112 of the Clean Air Act ( 42 USC 7412); and
3) Each VOM HAP reported as an air emission on the Toxic Chemical Release Inventory Reporting Form (42 USC 1123) (Form R), unless the owner or operator certifies that seasonal emissions of each such VOM HAP are approximately 5/12 of annual emissions and are estimated to be no more than 10 percent different from air releases of such VOM HAPs reported in the previous Form R.
c) The owner or operator of each participating source or new participating source under 35 Ill. Adm. Code 205 must provide responses to the following questions regarding VOM HAPs for the seasonal allotment period addressed in the Seasonal Emissions Report:
1) To your knowledge, did emissions of any HAP increase at your source due to receipt or expected receipt of additional Allotment Trading Units (ATUs)?
2) Based on information for determining if your source emitted a HAP that must be reported pursuant to subsection (b) of this Section, or information that you otherwise obtained, did your source emit any VOM HAP in an amount of 1,000 pounds per year or more that is not subject to the reporting requirements in subsection (b) of this Section?
3) Since the due date of the last Seasonal Emissions Report required to be submitted, has the source replaced a VOM with a HAP that is not a VOM?
d) HAP Information Request Letter
1) If a participating source or new participating source has answered at least one of the questions in subsection (c) of this Section affirmatively, the Agency may send a HAP Information Request Letter to that source to obtain additional information to evaluate trends and spatial distribution of HAP emissions if the Agency deems such information is needed to further evaluate HAP emissions during the seasonal allotment period. The Agency must consider the following factors in determining whether to send a HAP Information Request Letter:
A) Information on emissions amounts previously submitted in Annual Emissions Reports or Form R;
B) Information obtained during inspections of the facility by the Agency or pursuant to the Clean Air Act;
C) Affirmative responses to the questions in subsection (c) of this Section; and
D) The type or location of industrial activity.
2) Each source that receives a HAP Information Request Letter from the Agency must submit the requested information to the Agency within 30 days after the date of the letter.(
Added at 25 Ill. Reg. 9856, effective July 17, 2001)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.