Sec. 726.170 - Applicability and Requirements
§ 726.170. Applicability and Requirements
a) The regulations of this Subpart F apply to recyclable materials that are reclaimed to recover economically significant amounts of gold, silver, platinum, palladium, iridium, osmium, rhodium, ruthenium, or any combination of these metals.
b) A person that generates, transports, or stores recyclable materials that are regulated under this Subpart F is subject to the following requirements:
1) Notification requirements under Section 3010 of RCRA (42 USC 6930);
2) Subpart B of 35 Ill. Adm. Code 722 (for a generator), 35 Ill. Adm. Code 723.120 and 723.121 (for a transporter), and 35 Ill. Adm. Code 725.171 and 725.172 (for a person that stores); and
3) For precious metals exported to or imported from other countries for recovery, Subpart H of 35 Ill. Adm. Code 722 and 725.112.
c) A person that stores recycled materials that are regulated under this Subpart F must keep the following records to document that it is not accumulating these materials speculatively (as defined in 35 Ill. Adm. Code 721.101(c));
1) Records showing the volume of these materials stored at the beginning of the calendar year;
2) The amount of these materials generated or received during the calendar year; and
3) The amount of materials remaining at the end of the calendar year.
d) Recyclable materials that are regulated under this Subpart F that are accumulated speculatively (as defined in 35 Ill. Adm. Code 721.101(c)) are subject to all applicable provisions of 35 Ill. Adm. Code 702, 703, and 722 through 727.(
Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 18117, effective October 14, 2011Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 23023, effective November 19, 2018)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.