Sec. 200.98 - Qualifications for Licensure
§ 200.98. Qualifications for Licensure
a) The Department will issue a license to an applicant who:
1) is at least 21 years of age;
2) has not been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
3) is not under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
4) is not a fugitive from justice;
5) is not an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in Section 802 of the federal Controlled Substances Act) (21 USC 802);
6) has not been adjudicated as a person with a mental disability, as defined in Section 1.1 of the Firearm Owner's Identification Card Act [430 ILCS 65];
7) is a legal citizen of the United States; and
8) has not been dishonorably discharged from the armed services.
b) A person who has been granted a "relief from disabilities" regarding criminal convictions and indictments, pursuant to 27 CFR 555.142, may receive a license provided all other qualifications under the Act are met.(
Added at 37 Ill. Reg. 14090, effective August 26, 2013Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 4490, effective March 26, 2021)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.