Sec. 1283.60 - Endorsement
§ 1283.60. Endorsement
a) An applicant who is licensed/registered under the laws of another state or territory of the United States or of a foreign country and who wishes to be licensed in Illinois as a marriage and family therapist shall file an application with the Division, on forms provided by the Division, which includes:
1) Certification of meeting education requirements as set forth in Section 1283.30 of this Part;
2) Verification, on forms provided by the Division, signed by an employer or supervisor, that, following the receipt of the first qualifying degree, the applicant obtained at least 3000 house of work experience as defined in Section 1283.15 of this Part. If the applicant is self employed, the applicant shall submit 3 affidavits from peers, clients or colleagues familiar with the applicant's work;
3) Verification of at least 200 hours of clinical supervision as defined in Section 1283.25 of this Part;
4) Verification of at least 1000 hours of clinical experience pursuant to Section 1283.20;
5) Certification of successful completion of the examination set forth in Section 1283.40;
6) Certification from the state or territory of the United States or the foreign country in which the applicant was originally licensed/registered and is currently licensed/registered, stating:
A) The time during which the applicant was licensed/registered;
B) Whether the file of the applicant contains any record of disciplinary actions taken or pending; and
C) Examinations taken and examination scores received;
7) The required fee as set forth in Section 1283.95(a)(1).
b) In lieu of subsections (a)(1), (2), (3) and (4), the Division shall accept certification of clinical membership from the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
c) The Division shall either issue a license by endorsement or notify the applicant in writing of the reasons for denying the application.
d) Applicants have 3 years from the date of application to complete the application process. If the process has not been completed within 3 years, the application shall be denied, the fee forfeited and the applicant must reapply and meet the requirements in effect at the time of reapplication.(
Amended at 31 Ill. Reg. 4711, effective March 9, 2007)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.