Sec. 1035.30 - Training
§ 1035.30. Training
a) The initial course and annual refresher training courses are required for each school bus driver permit holder and shall be:
1) Approved by the Secretary of State and the agency or organization conducting the course;
2) Taught by an instructor certified by the Illinois State Board of Education; and
3) A minimum of two hours in length, part of which must include first aid training.
b) The date of the annual refresher training shall be computed as follows:
1) The first refresher training following initial training must be completed within one year (365 days) from the date of initial training. The date of the first refresher training will be known as the refresher date.
2) In the event that an individual completes subsequent refresher training between the actual refresher date and 60 days prior to that refresher date, the next annual refresher date will not change. In the event refresher training is completed more than 60 days prior to the refresher date, the date the driver completes the refresher training will become the new annual refresher date.
3) In recognition of the disaster proclaimed by the Governor in Gubernatorial Proclamation number 2020-038 issued on March 9, 2020, as extended by subsequent disaster proclamations, refresher dates for those individuals whose current refresher date falls in December 2020, January 2021, February 2021 or March 2021 are extended for a period of 90 days.(
Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 7412, effective April 21, 2011Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 6602, effective May 4, 2021)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.