Sec. 1100.10 - Application Procedures for Plates and Decals or Devices
§ 1100.10. Application Procedures for Plates and Decals or Devices
a) If a person wishes to apply for a person with disabilities license plate, he/she must be a resident of the State of Illinois and shall submit the following to the Secretary:
1) The certification on a form prescribed by the Secretary completed by the competent medical specialist and the applicant;
2) The current registration card or a copy of the title if the vehicle is registered in the applicant's name or the title or the manufacturer's certificate of origin if the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name; and
3) The application form prescribed by the Secretary and statutory fee as provided for in IVC Section 3-806.
b) If a person wishes to apply for a person with disabilities parking decal or device, he/she must be a resident of the State of Illinois, must possess a valid Illinois driver's license, and shall submit the following to the Secretary or authorized unit of local government:
1) The certification form completed by the competent medical specialist and applicant unless the person has been issued a disabled veteran or person with disabilities license and has a certification form on file or the person has an Illinois Person with a Disability ID card with a 1A or 2A classification as provided in Section 4A of the Illinois Identification Card Act; or
2) A copy of the individual's State of Illinois identification card, disabled veteran identification card, person with disabilities identification card, or State of Illinois Driver's License. In the case of a person with disabilities who is under the age of 18, the identification card number of the minor's parent or legal guardian may be submitted.
c) The physician certification form shall contain the following items:
1) The definition of a "person with disabilities" as outlined in IVC Section 1-159.1 and contained in Section 1100.5 of this Part and the requirements for an applicant to qualify for the metered-exempt parking decal or device set forth in IVC Section 11-1301.2(c-5);
2) An indication from the competent medical specialist as to the qualifying disability;
3) An indication from the competent medical specialist whether the disability is permanent or temporary. If temporary, the competent medical specialist shall also indicate the anticipated duration of the disability (not to exceed 6 months). If the disability is permanent, the competent medical specialist shall indicate whether the applicant meets the medical conditions required by IVC Section 1-159.1 for a metered-exempt parking decal or device;
4) The certifying competent medical specialist's name, address, telephone number, professional license number and signature;
5) The applicant's name, address, telephone number, social security number and driver's license number or State identification number;
6) The plate number for the one or two primary vehicles used to transport the person with disabilities; and
7) The name, address, phone number, relationship to the disabled individual, and signature of the family member who is the owner of the vehicle upon which the person with disabilities relies for his/her mode of transportation, and that he/she does not own a vehicle in his/her name, if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant having the disability.(
Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 19866, effective November 27, 2013)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.