Authority: IC 12-21-2-3
Affected: IC 12-7-2-40.6; IC 12-21-2-7; IC 12-22-2; IC 23-17
The following definitions apply throughout this article:
(1) "Annual assessment" means a written summary of a residential provider's successes and failures in achieving the fiscal and clinical goals established by the governing board.
(2) "Certification" means the process used by the division to document a residential care provider's compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements for operation as a residential care provider, including the issuance of a certificate if the residential care provider is found to comply with the requirements in this article.
(3) "Conflict of interest" means activity of an individual (usually related to work or ownership) that is or runs the risk of being an oppositional interest to another interest or activity of the same individual thereby jeopardizing the ability of the individual to act in the best interest of one (1) of the activities.
(4) "Consumer" means a primary consumer.
(5) "Division" means the division of mental health and addiction.
"Managed care provider" means an organization:
for mental health services, is defined under 42 U.S.C. 300x-2(c)
(ii) provides addiction services; or
(iii) provides children's mental health services;
(B) that has entered into a provider agreement with the division under IC 12-21-2-7 to provide a continuum of care as defined in IC 12-7-2-40.6 in the least restrictive, most appropriate setting; and
that is operated by at least one (1) of the following:
(i) A city, town, county, or other political subdivision of Indiana.
(ii) An agency of Indiana or of the United States.
(iii) A political subdivision of another state.
A hospital owned or operated by:
(AA) a unit of government; or
(BB) a building authority that is organized for the purpose of constructing facilities to be leased to units of government.
(v) A corporation incorporated under IC 23-7-1.1 (before its repeal August 1, 1991) or IC 23-17.
(vi) An organization that is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(vii) A university or college.
(7) "Primary consumer" means an individual who has received or is receiving mental health or addiction services.
(8) "Residential care provider" means an organization that the division has certified as fulfilling the statutory and regulatory requirements to be a residential care provider.
(9) "Secondary consumer" means a family member, guardian, or health care decision maker for a primary consumer.
(10) "Strategic plan" means a written summary of the governing board's future goals and objectives for the organization that provides a time-specified and systematic approach towards implementation, achievement, and methods of evaluation of the accomplishment of the stated goals and objectives.