Sec. 470 IAC 6-4.1-1 - Shelter and medical deductions
§ 470 IAC 6-4.1-1. Shelter and medical deductions
Authority: IC 12-13-2-3; IC 12-13-5-3; IC 12-14-28-7
Affected: IC 12-13-7
(a) Allowable costs for utilities shall include standard utility allowances (SUA) as calculated by average utility costs in accordance with 7 CFR 273.9(d)(6)(iii)(B). Each assistance group charged for a utility expense is entitled to a utility allowance.
(b) The state agency shall determine the household's shelter deduction in accordance with 7 CFR 273.9(d)(5)(ii) and in using the following utility allowances:
(1) A standard utility allowance that includes a heating or cooling component if the household incurs an out-of-pocket heating or cooling expense listed in 7 CFR 273.9(d)(6)(ii).
(2) A standard utility allowance for assistance groups that incur two (2) or more utility expenses, none of which is a heating/cooling expense, but could include a telephone expense.
(3) A single standard utility allowance for households that have only one (1) expense other than heating/cooling or telephone, or both.
(4) A single telephone standard for assistance groups that have no other utility expense other than a basic telephone fee.
(5) The standard utility allowances and the standard telephone allowance shall be:
(A) reviewed annually; and
(B) adjusted to reflect changes in the cost of utilities.
(c) Allowable medical deductions shall be those deductions as listed in 7 CFR 273.9(d)(3).
(d) The state agency shall allow forty cents ($0.40) per mile as a transportation cost to obtain medical treatment or services for individuals who are elderly or disabled as defined in 7 CFR 271.2 when actual costs cannot be verified.(Division of Family Resources; 470 IAC 6-4.1-1; filed May 17, 1993, 5:00 p.m.: 16 IR 2403; filed Jul 28, 1994, 4:00 p.m.: 17 IR 2854; filed Aug 1, 1996, 4:00 p.m.: 19 IR 3383; readopted filed Jul 12, 2001, 1:40 p.m.: 24 IR 4235; readopted filed Oct 24, 2007, 11:25 a.m.: 20071121-IR-470070448RFA; filed Mar 24, 2009, 11:38 a.m.: 20090422-IR-470080278FRA; filed Jul 5, 2011, 1:33 p.m.: 20110803-IR-470100243FRA; readopted filed Aug 23, 2013, 3:36 p.m.: 20130918-IR-470130306RFA Readopted filed 11/13/2019, 11:56 a.m.: 20191211-IR-470190490RFA)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.