Sec. 620 IAC 1-1-29 - Adoption by reference from 53 Federal Register
§ 620 IAC 1-1-29. Adoption by reference from 53 Federal Register
Authority: IC 22-8-1.1-7
Affected: IC 22-8-1.1-15
The following standards, deletions, revocations, revisions, republications, corrections, and amendments are incorporated by reference into the rules of the Indiana occupational safety standards commission:
(1) The amendment to 29 CFR 1910.217(O), concerning the use of presence sensing devices to initiate the stroke on certain types of power presses as published in 53 FR 49, Monday, March 14, 1988, on pages 8353 through 8365.
(2) The amendment to 29 CFR 1910.1047(Z), concerning the adoption of an excursion limit for ethylene oxide of five (5) parts ethylene oxide per million parts of air average over a sampling period of fifteen (15) minutes as published in 53 FR 66, Wednesday, April 6, 1988, on pages 11437 through 11438.
(3) The amendment to 29 CFR 1910, concerning the deletion of the names Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and Factory Mutual Research Corporation from twenty-three (23) testing related standards in the OSHA "general industry" standards. OSHA is substituting the term "nationally recognized testing laboratory" and is providing a new definition for this term with the exception of "of" in 29 CFR 1910.7(b)(2)(i) as published in 53 FR 70, Tuesday, April 12, 1988, on pages 12120 through 12125.
(4) The amendment to 29 CFR 1926(Q), concerning the rule revisions to correct problems related to the existing regulations, including ambiguities, redundancies, and gaps in coverage. In addition, reference to the American National Standard A10.9-1970; "Safety Requirement for Concrete Construction and Masonry Work", has been removed and the applicable requirements from this standard and the more recent ANSI standard for Concrete and Masonry Work, ANSI A10.9 - 1983, have been evaluated and used in developing this rule which was published in 53 FR 116, Thursday, June 16, 1988, on pages 22643 through 22646.
(5) The amendment to 29 CFR 1926.550 by adding a new paragraph (g), to prohibit the use of cranes and derricks to hoist personnel except in the situation where no safe alternative is possible, and as long as the requirements for such hoisting set out in paragraph (g) are satisfied as published in 53 FR 14, Tuesday, August 2, 1988, on pages 29139 through 29141.
(6) Listed below are the new amendments to the existing 29 CFR 1910.20 standards concerning Access to Employee Exposure and Medical Records:
(I) first aid records and medical records of short-term employees are exempted from records retention requirements;
(II) the microfilm storage of all employee x-rays except chest x-rays is permitted;
(III) employer trade secrets are provided additional protection and are made to conform with OSHA's new Hazard Communication standard;
(IV) union representatives are required to show an occupational health need for requested records when seeking unconsented access to employee exposure records; and
(V) no industries are treated separately with respect to trade secret disclosure as published in 53 FR 189, Thursday, September 29, 1988, on pages 38162 through 38168.
(7) The amendments to 29 CFR 1910.177 concerning the rim wheel servicing standard has revised the charts which provide information for employers and employees who service multipiece or single piece rim wheels and is also amending the standard to indicate the availability of these revised charts as published in 53 FR 174, Thursday, September 8, 1988, on page 34737.
(8) The amendment of 29 CFR 1910.1001 and 29 CFR 1926.58 concerning an excursion limit for asbestos, tremolite, anthophyllite, and actinolite of 1 f/cc average over a sample period of thirty (30) minutes as published in 53 FR 178, Wednesday, September 14, 1988, on pages 35625 through 35629.
(9) The amendment of 29 CFR 1910.1048 concerning the requirement that written materials for employee training be updated within two (2) months after the effective date of the standard as published in 53 FR 41, Wednesday, March 2, 1988, on page 6629.(Occupational Safety Standards Commission; 620 IAC 1-1-29; filed Apr 28, 1989, 5:00 p.m.: 12 IR 1746; filed May 12, 1989, 9:30 a.m.: 12 IR 1866; filed May 16, 1989, 11:00 a.m.: 12 IR 1867; filed May 16, 1989, 11:15 a.m.: 12 IR 1867; filed May 16, 1989, 10:40 a.m.: 12 IR 1868; errata filed Jul 18, 1989, 9:45 a.m.: 12 IR 2286; filed Jan 16, 1991, 11:33 a.m.: 14 IR 1281; readopted filed November 26, 2013, 3:26 p.m.: 20131225-IR-620130406RFA Readopted filed 11/27/2019, 3:35 p.m.: 20191225-IR-620190506RFA)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.