Iowa Admin. Code r. 189-3.9 - Completion of conversion
(1) Upon receipt of approvals under 189-3.7 (533) and 189-3.8 (533), the credit union may complete the conversion transaction.
(2) Submission of evidence of approval and effective date.
a. The board of directors of the credit union shall file with the superintendent appropriate evidence of approval of the conversion by the appropriate federal agency having jurisdiction over the financial institution after conversion and from the federal agency providing deposit insurance to the converted financial institution, and, if applicable, a copy of the notice from the National Credit Union Administration canceling the credit union insurance certificate.
b. The board of directors of the credit union shall also notify the superintendent of the actual date on which the conversion is to be effective.
(3) Upon receipt of satisfactory proof that the Iowa-chartered credit union has complied with all applicable laws and regulations of this state and of the United States, the superintendent shall cancel the charter of the credit union and issue a certificate of conversion that shall be filed and recorded in the county in which the credit union has its principal place of business and in the county in which its original articles of incorporation or certification of organization was filed and recorded, if different.
(4) Violations of law or intent to deceive or mislead.
a. In the event it is subsequently determined the conversion was accomplished contrary to applicable law, regulation or the requirements of this chapter, in whole or in part, or with the intent to deceive or mislead the members of the credit union or the superintendent, the superintendent shall take immediate action to cause the conversion to be declared null and void, and to request from the appropriate regulatory authority that the converted institution be ordered to surrender its charter and be returned to the authority of the superintendent for reinstatement as a state charter, or other action.
b. The provisions of Iowa Code chapter 533 shall apply in the event it is determined that any director, officer, agent, employee or clerk of the credit union knowingly submitted or made or exhibited false statements, papers or reports to the superintendent.
c. If during the conversion process any person commits any act constituting a fraudulent practice under Iowa Code section 714.8, the matter shall be referred to the attorney general.
(5) If the superintendent finds a material deviation from the provisions of this chapter, or from Iowa Code chapter 533, that would invalidate any steps taken in the conversion, the superintendent shall promptly notify the credit union and the National Credit Union Administration of the nature of the adverse findings.
(6) The conversion of the Iowa credit union to a federal credit union shall not be effective and completed until final approval is given by the superintendent, any improper actions are cured, and corrective steps have been accomplished, if applicable.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.