Iowa Admin. Code r. 193C-7.2 - Definitions

Current through Register Vol. 44, No. 6, September 22, 2021

As used in these rules, the following definitions apply:

"College or unit semester or quarter hour " means the unit of credit given for advanced technical and graduate courses from universities with programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. or other related college course qualified in accordance with this chapter

"Continuing education " means education obtained by a licensee in order to maintain, improve, or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure or to develop new and relevant skills and knowledge.

"Continuing education unit (CEU) " means the imit of credit customarily granted for continuing education courses. One continuing education imit is given for ten hours of class in an approved continuing education course.

"Course or activity" means any qualifying course or activity with a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee's field of practice.

"Independent study" means any course or activity in which there is no real-time interaction between the training provider and the licensee, such as courses offered on the Internet.

"Professional development hour (PDH) " means a contact hour of instruction or presentation and is the common denominator for other units of credit.


Iowa Admin. Code r. 193C-7.2

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.