RULE 281-120.604 - Functions of the council; required duties
RULE 281-120.604. Functions of the council; required duties
(1) Advising and assisting the department. The council must advise and assist the department in the performance of the department's responsibilities in Section 635(a)(10) of the Act, including:
a. Identification of sources of fiscal and other support for services for early intervention service programs under Part C of the Act;
b. Assignment of financial responsibility to the appropriate agency;
c. Promotion of methods (including use of intra-agency and interagency agreements) for intra-agency and interagency collaboration regarding child find under rules 281-120.115 (34CFR303) and 281-120.302 (34CFR303), monitoring and enforcement under rules 281-120.120 (34CFR303) and 281-120.700 (34CFR303) through 281-120.708 (34CFR303), financial responsibility and provision of early intervention services under rules 281-120.202 (34CFR303) and 281-120.511 (34CFR303), and transition under rule 281-120.209 (34CFR303); and
d. Preparation of applications under this chapter and amendments to those applications.
(2) Advising and assisting on transition. The council must advise and assist the department regarding the transition of toddlers with disabilities to preschool and other appropriate services.
(3) Annual report to the governor and to the Secretary.
a. The council must:
(1) Prepare and submit an annual report to the governor and to the Secretary on the status of early intervention service programs for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families under Part C of the Act operated within the state; and
(2) Submit the report to the Secretary by a date that the Secretary establishes.
b. Each annual report must contain the information required by the Secretary for the year for which the report is made.(ARC 0100C, IAB 4/18/12, effective 5/23/12)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.