Iowa Admin. Code r. 491-6.26 - Driver
Current through Register Vol. 44, No. 20, April 6, 2022
In determining eligibility for a driver's license, the board shall consider:
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
491—6.26(99D) Driver. In determining eligibility for a driver’s license, the board shall consider:
1. Whether the applicant has obtained the required U.S.T.A. license.
2. Evidence of driving experience and ability to drive in a race.
3. The age of the applicant. No person under 18 years of age shall be licensed by the commission as a driver. However, a person under 18 years of age, but at least 16 years of age who has the written consent of a parent or guardian, may be licensed to drive in qualifying races only.
4. Evidence of physical and mental ability.
5. Results of a written examination to determine qualifications to drive and knowledge of commission rules.
6. Record of rule violations.
[ARC 7658B, IAB 3/25/09, effective 3/23/09]