Iowa Admin. Code r. 661-200.10 - Release of information to an insurance company

Current through Register Vol. 44, No. 6, September 22, 2021

An insurance company that has provided fire loss information to an authorized agency pursuant to Iowa Code section 100A.2 may request information relevant to the fire loss investigation from the fire marshal. If the insurance company has provided information to an authorized agency other than the fire marshal, the request shall include proof that information was provided. For purposes of this rule, the term "insurance company" shall include an attorney, adjuster or investigator engaged by the company in reference to the particular fire loss involved in the request even though the attorney, adjuster or investigator is not a full-time employee of the insurance company. The attorney, adjuster or investigator shall provide the fire marshal with proof of authorization from the insurance company to act as its representative relative to the loss.


Iowa Admin. Code r. 661-200.10
ARC 8307B, IAB 11/18/09, effective 1/1/10

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.