Kan. Admin. Regs. § 109-6-1 - Requirements for temporary certification for applicant with non-Kansas credentials

Current through Register Vol. 41, No. 14, April 7, 2022

(a) An applicant for temporary certification who is certified or licensed as an attendant in another jurisdiction but whose coursework is not substantially equivalent to that required in Kansas may be granted one-year temporary certification by meeting the following requirements:
(1) Providing verification of current attendant certification or licensure issued by that jurisdiction that is comparable to the certification level sought in Kansas; and
(2) providing either the name, address, and telephone number of or a signed statement from the physician, physician assistant, professional nurse, or attendant who is certified at the same or higher level as that of the applicant and who will directly supervise the applicant during the year of temporary certification.
(b) Within one year from the date on which the temporary certificate is issued, if the applicant provides verification of successful completion of the required course-work, attendant's certification shall be granted. If the applicant does not provide this verification within one year from the date on which the temporary certificate is issued, the temporary certificate shall expire and the application for an attendant's certificate shall be denied.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 109-6-1
Authorized by K.S.A. 2008 Supp. 65-6111; implementing K.S.A. 2008 Supp. 65-6129; effective, T-88-24, July 15, 1987; amended May 1, 1988; amended Jan. 22, 1990; amended Nov. 1, 1996; amended Feb. 12, 2010.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.