Kan. Admin. Regs. § 110-22-5 - Resolution by county; intent to participate in student loan repayment program
(a) As required by the act, each county intending to participate in the student loan repayment program shall provide the department with a copy of the county resolution. The county resolution shall contain the following statements:
(1) The county is listed as a rural opportunity zone, as defined by L.
2011, ch. 22, sec. 1 and amendments
(2) The county is obligated to participate in the student loan repayment program for an enrollment period of five years.
(3) The county obligation to each eligible participant is for a repayment period of five years.
(4) The county agrees to pay, with the state of Kansas, equal shares of the outstanding student loan balance of any eligible participant.
(5) The student loan balance for each eligible participant, in an amount not to exceed $15,000, will be repaid jointly by the county and the state of Kansas for a period of five years.
(6) The county will allocate monies for the purpose of matching payments from the state of Kansas to eligible participants.
(7) The county will revise its student loan repayment budget on an annual basis and inform the department of any changes to the annual allocation.
(b) Each resolution shall be published once in the official county newspaper and shall be in effect from the date of its publication.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.