Kan. Admin. Regs. § 123-2-111 - Trafficking in contraband

(a) No person shall engage in any of the following without the prior consent of the superintendent:
(1) Introducing or attempting to introduce any item into or upon the grounds of a juvenile correctional facility or institution;
(2) taking, sending, or attempting to take or send any item from any juvenile correctional facility or institution;
(3) possessing any item while in any juvenile correctional facility or institution; or
(4) distributing any item within a juvenile correctional facility or institution.
(b) The phrase "any item," as used in subsection (a), shall include the following:
(1) Guns, firearms of any type, and the components, diagrams, and plans thereof, except as authorized by K.S.A. 75-7c10(b)(1) and amendments thereto;
(2) ammunition, explosives, and the diagrams, formulas, and plans thereof;
(3) knives, tools, and materials including sandpaper, whetstones, and any similar items used to make knives and tools;
(4) hazardous or poisonous chemicals, flammable liquids and gases, and formulas thereof;
(5) escape paraphernalia, including ropes, grappling hooks, hacksaw blades, jeweler's wire, bar spreaders, maps, lock picks, handcuff keys, wire cutters, and any similar devices that could be used in an escape;
(6) identification documents and individual photographs of the juvenile offender of the style suitable for the production of identification documents;
(7) documents, plans, diagrams, and schematics that refer to electrical systems, escape alarms, overhead lighting, facility power supply, gate operations, body alarms, radio communications, and any similar systems;
(8) narcotics and any other controlled substances, including any synthetic narcotic, drug, stimulant, sleeping pill, barbiturate, and medicine, prescription or nonpres-cription, that was not dispensed or approved by the facility health authority. Medicines dispensed or approved by the health authority shall be considered contraband if not consumed or utilized in the manner prescribed;
(9) intoxicants, including liquor and alcoholic beverages;
(10) currency, in the form of paper, checks, money orders, coins, stamps, and any similar instruments with monetary value;
(11) hypodermic needles, hypodermic syringes, nasal inhalers, any other similar devices, and any component that could be used to inject or spray substances into the body;
(12) food items;
(13) cameras, recording devices, one-way or two-way transmitting devices, and any similar devices and components thereof, including tapes, batteries, memory cards, and film;
(14) letters, notes, books, and any other forms of written communication;
(15) portable electronic devices used, in any combination, for storing music, video, or data or for mobile telecommunications, telephone calls, text messaging, or data transmission over a cellular network and their accessories, and any similar devices and the components of these devices;
(16) tobacco, including cigars, cigarillos, cigarettes, smokeless or electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, snuff, and any other tobacco products; and
(17) matches and any other portable devices used to create a flame.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 123-2-111
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 21-3826, as amended by L. 2010, ch. 147, sec. 4, K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 75-7024, and K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 76-3203; effective, T-123-7-1-10, July 1, 2010; effective Oct. 15, 2010.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.