Kan. Admin. Regs. § 1-45-18 - Definitions and application of regulations
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
Motor Vehicle Parking
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
1-45-18. Definitions and application of regulations. (a) The following definitions shall apply to these regulations:
(1) "Director" means the director of facilities management.
(2) "Motor vehicle" shall have the meaning prescribed by K.S.A. 8-126, and amendments thereto.
(3) "Parking permit" or "permit" means a decal, hang tag, electronic key card, or any other form of parking authorization specified and issued by the secretary, which shall be displayed in a manner determined by the secretary.
(4) "Person" means the individual, partnership, corporation, association, or governmental body to whom a motor vehicle is registered as provided in K.S.A. 8-127, and amendments thereto.
(5) "Secretary" means the secretary of administration or the secretary's designee.
(6) "State agency" shall have the meaning prescribed by K.S.A. 75-4112, and amendments thereto.
(7) "Visitor" means a person who is not eligible to enter into a parking contract for the parking lot in which that person's vehicle is parked.
(b) Each vehicle parked upon any state-owned or state-operated property in Shawnee County, Kansas shall be parked in compliance with these regulations. These regulations shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) State-owned or state-operated property in Shawnee County, Kansas, that is under the jurisdiction and control of any of the following:
(A) The department of corrections;
(B) the Kansas neurological institute;
(C) the juvenile justice authority; or
(D) the Kansas national guard;
(2) the facilities governed by article 46 of these regulations; or
(3) the state highway shops and laboratory. (Authorized by K.S.A. 75-3706, K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 75-4506, and K.S.A. 75-4507; implementing K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 75-4506; effective Feb. 28, 2003; amended, T-1-3-29-04, March 29, 2004; amended July 23, 2004.)