Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-10-5 - Payment

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) After the water right holder agrees to the purchase terms established by the local entity and the commission, payment shall be made by the commission to the local entity for the purchase of the eligible water rights.
(b) The terms of the water right purchase shall be identified on forms provided by the commission.
(c) The maximum amount paid by the commission for a water right authorized for irrigation shall be calculated as follows:
(1) The average per-acre difference between irrigated cropland and dryland cropland values shall be determined by the director for the county in which the water right is located, for the three years preceding the year in which the water right is to be purchased. This determination shall be made based on information available from the Kansas department of revenue, Kansas agricultural statistics, county appraisers, and any other sources of data that the director considers appropriate.
(2) The value determined in paragraph (c) (1) above shall be divided by the appropriate county value contained in K.A.R. 5-3-24.
(3) The value determined in paragraph (c) (2) above shall be multiplied by the authorized acre-foot quantity.
(4) The value determined in paragraph (c) (3) above shall be multiplied by 80 percent.
(d) The maximum payment for water rights authorized for beneficial uses other than irrigation shall be determined by the director.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-10-5
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2-1915, as amended by L. 2002, ch. 37, sec. 3, and K.S.A. 2-1919; effective Aug. 23, 2002.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.