Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-12-4 - Payment

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Each water right owner shall sign a water right transition assistance grant agreement before payment is made by the division. Each grant agreement shall include the following provisions:
(1) The price to be paid by the division to the water right owner for the dismissal or permanent reduction of the subject water right and the terms of payment;
(2) the date on which the agreement will become effective;
(3) the file number of the water right to be retired or permanently reduced;
(4) one of the following statements:
(A) The approval is conditional on documentation being provided to the division indicating that the chief engineer has dismissed or permanently reduced the water right and ordered its priority to be forfeited; or
(B) the approval is conditional on documentation being provided to the division indicating any terms of the chief engineer to continue irrigation on a limited basis, not to exceed three years, for the purpose of establishing permanent vegetation. The documentation shall include the date on which the water right dismissal will become effective and its priority will be forfeited; and
(5) if the point of diversion is located within a GMD, a provision that any remaining water user charges assessed by the district before the water right is dismissed will remain the sole responsibility of the owner of the water right.
(b) Payment shall be made in equal annual installments, not to exceed 10, or, if approved by the division, in one lump sum payment. If annual payments are elected, the first payment shall be made within 60 calendar days after execution of the water right transition assistance grant. The subsequent payments shall be made within 60 calendar days after the beginning of each new state fiscal year. The following factors shall be considered by the division when determining which payment schedule to use:
(1) The number of eligible applicants; and
(2) the amount of program funds for that year.
(c) If there is a standing crop at the time of application approval, payment shall not be made until after irrigation from the subject water right has permanently ceased.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-12-4
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 2-1930 and 2-1930a; effective Aug. 3, 2007; amended Sept. 26, 2008; amended May 31, 2013.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.