Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-12-5 - Transition to dry land

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) If land that will no longer be irrigated is to be planted, under this program, to permanent vegetation including warm or cool season grasses, the chief engineer may be requested by the division to condition the dismissal of the associated water right to allow limited irrigation of the land for up to three years to establish this cover.
(b) The applicant shall submit a dry land transition plan to the division if land is to be planted to warm or cool season grasses or other permanent vegetation. A dry land transition plan may be disapproved by the executive director of the division and modifications to any dry land transition plan may be required by the executive director of the division if the plan does not meet the requirements for soil erosion prevention practices in section IV of the "Kansas field office technical guide" as adopted by reference in K.A.R. 11-7-14 .


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-12-5
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 2-1930 and 2-1930a; effective Aug. 3, 2007; amended May 31, 2013.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.