Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-4-3 - Phase II letter of intent
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
11-4-3. Phase II letter of intent. (a) (1) Any sponsor may submit a phase II letter of intent following receipt of a letter from the commission acknowledging that the proposed project is eligible for possible funding. The letter of intent, submitted on a form furnished by the commission, shall include an approved general plan, if applicable.
(2) Each proposed project involving community development block grant funds shall include a copy of an application for these funds. If the grant conditions change or new grants are awarded anytime after submittal of the proposal, the sponsor shall forward the most current version to the commission.
(3) The sponsor shall include an agricultural impact statement and resources inventory when five acres or more of prime agricultural land is taken under the power of eminent domain, if applicable.
(b) In addition to meeting the requirements specified in subsection (a), the sponsor of a renovation project shall submit a renovation plan with the letter of intent.
(c) The consideration of renovation projects shall be based on the following criteria:
(1) The water supply status of the lake;
(2) the back-up water supply source;
(3) any prior use of multipurpose small lake program funds;
(4) the population served by the lake;
(5) the age of the lake;
(6) the loss of storage capacity due to sedimentation;
(7) the location of the lake relative to a total maximum daily load area;
(8) the current and potential recreational uses of the lake;
(9) the availability of bathymetric surveys and studies of the lake;
(10) the sedimentation rate; and
(11) a plan for prevention of future sedimentation.
(d) The original of the phase II letter of intent, plus one copy for each reviewing agency, shall be submitted to the commission no later than June 1 to be considered in the budget request for the next fiscal year. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2005 Supp. 82a-1602 and K.S.A. 82a-1607; implementing K.S.A. 2005 Supp. 82a-1604, 82a-1605, and 82a-1606 and K.S.A. 82a-1607; effective, T-86-43, Dec. 18, 1985; effective May 1, 1986; amended May 1, 1987; amended Sept. 22, 2006.)