Kan. Admin. Regs. § 11-8-3 - Initial site registration
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
11-8-3. Initial site registration. (a) Each person, business, corporation, or political subdivision of the state of Kansas that engages in or intends to engage in operating a surface mine shall register the site with the director. In addition to the application requirements of K.S.A. 49-607 and amendments thereto, each application for site registration shall include the following:
(1) The name and license number of the operator;
(2) for each site that is active or inactive, the number of tons of material extracted and the number of acres of affected land created during the preceding year;
(3) the site registration fee, except for political subdivisions; and
(4) the signature of the operator.
(b)(1) The initial registration fee for each active site shall be $45 per acre of land affected during the previous year and $0.003 per ton of material extracted during the preceding year.
(2) The initial registration fee for each new site shall be $45.
(3) The initial registration fee for each inactive site that is returning to active status shall be $45.
(4) The minimum initial registration fee shall be $45.
(5) The initial registration fee for each site active during the preceding year but being registered as inactive shall be as specified in paragraph
(1) of this subsection.
(c) If more than one operator is extracting materials from a given site within the same time frame, then each operator shall register the site and distinguish each operator's scope of operation and responsibility. (Authorized by K.S.A. 49-623; implementing K.S.A. 49-607 and 49-623; effective June 19, 1995; amended Oct. 12, 2007.)