Kan. Admin. Regs. § 115-30-1 - Display of identification number and decal
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
115-30-1. Display of identification number and decal. (a) All vessels required to be numbered pursuant to K.S.A. 32-1110 and amendments thereto, except sailboards and kiteboards, shall display the identification number stated on the certificate of number issued by the department to the vessel owner and the decals supplied by the department to the vessel owner as follows:
(1) Each number consisting of a combination of capital letters and arabic numbers shall read from left to right and shall be painted or permanently attached on the top forward half of the vessel.
(2) Each character of the number shall be in block form and easily read.
(3) Each character of the number shall be of the same height and shall not be less than three inches in height.
(4) The number shall be of a color that contrasts with the color of the vessel.
(5) A hyphen or equivalent space that is equal to the width of a letter other than "I" or a number other than "1" shall separate arabic numbers from capital letters occurring in the number.
(6) Department-issued validation decals shall be placed in line and within three inches of the registration number on both sides of the hull of the vessel.
(b) Each sailboard and each kiteboard shall display only the decals supplied by the department with the certificate of number issued to the sailboard or kiteboard owner. The decals shall be attached to the front half of the top of the sailboard or kiteboard. However, any operator of a sailboard or kiteboard may carry proof of current registration, rather than attaching the decals as otherwise required by this subsection, if the decals supplied by the department do not adhere or cease to adhere to the sailboard or kiteboard. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2014 Supp. 32-807 and K.S.A. 32-1103; implementing K.S.A. 2014 Supp. 32-1110; effective Oct. 30, 1989; amended Jan. 1, 2008; amended Feb. 20, 2015.)