Kan. Admin. Regs. § 14-13-6 - Change of location of business
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
14-13-6. Change of location of business. (a) Any retailer may change the location of the licensed premises only upon written permission of the director.
(b) At least 20 days before changing the location of the business, the retailer shall submit a written request, on forms prescribed by the director, to change the location of the business.
(c) Each request required by subsection (b) shall contain all of the following:
(1) The retailer's name and license number;
(2) the retailer's current business address;
(3) the retailer's new business address;
(4) a copy of a written lease or proof of ownership of the new premises sought to be licensed; and
(5) a certified statement, from the clerk of the city or county in which the premises sought to be licensed are located, that the premises are in one of the following areas:
(A) An area where the zoning regulations of the city, township, or county allow the operation of a retail liquor store; or
(B) an area where no zoning regulations have been adopted.
(d) Any request to change the location of a licensed business may be denied by the director for any of the following reasons:
(1) The new location is in an area where the zoning regulations of the city, township, or county do not allow the operation of a retail liquor store.
(2) The new location is within 200 feet of any school, college, or church.
(3) The new location has an inside entrance that connects with another place of business. (Authorized by K.S.A. 41-210; implementing K.S.A. 41-315, K.S.A. 2011 Supp. 41-710, as amended by L. 2012, ch. 144, sec. 24, and K.S.A. 41-711; effective May 1, 1988; amended Feb. 22, 2013.)