Kan. Admin. Regs. § 16-8-1 - Definitions
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
For the purpose of the act and this article, each of the following terms shall have the meaning specified in this regulation:
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
16-8-1. Definitions. For the purpose of the act and this article, each of the following terms shall have the meaning specified in this regulation:
(a) "Act" means Kansas roofing registration act.
(b) "Applicant" means a person applying for an initial registration certificate or the renewal or reinstatement of a registration certificate.
(c) "Conviction" shall include the following, whether the penalty has been imposed, reduced, or suspended, unless the conviction has been legally expunged:
(1) An unvacated adjudication of guilt;
(2) a plea of guilty or nolo contendere accepted by the court; and
(3) a deferred judgment, diversion, or probation agreement.
(d) "Direct supervision" means that the registered roofing contractor is overseeing the person being supervised and is physically present at the work site.
(e) "Roofing material" shall include cedar, cement, metal, and composition shingles; wood shakes; cement and clay tile; built-up roofing; single-ply roofing materials; fluid-type roofing systems; spray urethane foam; asphalt; protective or reflective materials; deck coatings; sheet metal; and tar.
(f) "Roofing services" shall include the following services on any type of roof:
(1) Installation or repair of any roofing material;
(2) installation or repair of roof sheathing;
(3) installation, application, or repair of roof dampproofing or weatherproofing, roof insulation panels, or other roof insulation systems, including work incidental to the installation or application;
(4) repair of structural damage to an existing roof-support system; and
(5) installation or repair of skylights.
(g) "Valid registration certificate" means a roofing contractor registration certificate issued by the attorney general that has not been suspended or revoked. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 50-6,124; implementing K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 50-6,122 and 50-6,124; effective, T-16-6-28-13, July 1, 2013; effective Oct. 25, 2013.)