Kan. Admin. Regs. § 22-6-23 - Distributor license
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22-6-23. Distributor license. (a) Each person engaged in the distribution of fireworks shall obtain a license from the Kansas state fire marshal's office.
(b) Each applicant shall indicate which of the following classes the applicant is requesting a license for on the application:
(1) Distributor of consumer fireworks;
(2) distributor of display fireworks;
(3) distributor of pyrotechnic articles; or
(4) unlimited distributor.
(c) Each applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Provide a list of the name of each individual, owner, partner, and other responsible person in the applicant's business; and
(2) pay a nonrefundable fee of $300.
(d) Each distributor license shall be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
(e) Each licensee shall keep the original license posted on the distribution site at all times while engaging in distribution operations. A copy of the license shall not be accepted as valid proof of licensure if the licensee is questioned by law enforcement, the fire department, or the local authority.
(f) A license shall not be required for any of the following:
(1) Anyone who possesses a valid Kansas manufacturing license as specified in K.A.R. 22-6-21;
(2) anyone who transports fireworks from one state to another state through the state of Kansas if the ultimate destination of the fireworks is not within the state of Kansas;
(3) anyone who sells consumer fireworks during a fireworks season as a seasonal retailer;
(4) any freight delivery company or common carrier, as defined in 49 C.F.R. 171.8 on April 15, 1976, as amended; or
(5) any out-of-state person who sells, transports, delivers, or gives fireworks to a Kansas licensed manufacturer or distributor.
(g) Each licensee shall comply with national fire protection association standard nos. 1124 and 1126, which are adopted by reference in K.A.R. 22-6-20, and with all local, state, and federal regulations, statutes, and laws. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 31-506; implementing K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 31-503; effective Dec. 29, 2008.)