Kan. Admin. Regs. § 22-6-26 - Fireworks storage permit
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22-6-26. Fireworks storage permit. (a) Each person who stores display fireworks shall obtain a permit from the state fire marshal. A permit shall not be required for the use of day boxes, as defined in national fire protection association standard no. 1124, which is adopted by reference in K.A.R. 22-6-20, at a display site.
(b) Each applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Hold a valid Kansas license to possess fireworks. The license shall be at least one of the following:
(A) Display operator license;
(B) hobbyist manufacturer license;
(C) manufacturing license;
(D) distributor license; or
(E) proximate pyrotechnic operator license; and
(2) pay a nonrefundable fee of $25.
(c) Each licensee shall keep the original permit at the location of the storage site. A copy shall not be accepted as a valid permit if the permit holder is questioned by law enforcement, the fire department, or the local authority.
(d) Each storage permit shall be valid for one of the following, whichever occurs first:
(1) Four years from the date of issuance;
(2) the expiration date of the license specified in paragraph (b)(1); or
(3) the date on which the storage site is vacated if the site is vacated before the expiration date of the permit. The permit holder shall notify the Kansas state fire marshal's office and the local authority having jurisdiction when the site is vacated and is no longer in use.
(e) No fee shall be charged for a fireworks storage permit for any person who is an officer or employee of the state or any political taxing subdivision of the state if that person is acting on behalf of the state or political taxing subdivision.
(f) Each licensee shall comply with all local, state, and federal regulations, statutes, and laws. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 31-506; implementing K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 31-504; effective Dec. 29, 2008.)