Kan. Admin. Regs. § 22-8-10 - Licensing requirements; classes; renewals
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22-8-10. Licensing requirements; classes; renewals. (a) To obtain a license under the Kansas propane safety and licensing act, each applicant shall submit the following to the state fire marshal's office:
(1) An application for each desired license;
(2) proof that the training requirements in K.A.R. 22-8-11 for each desired license have been met; and
(3) proof of continuous general liability insurance coverage of at least $1,000,000.
(b) The classes of licenses shall be as follows:
(1) A class one dealer license shall be required for the retail distribution of liquefied petroleum gas.
(2) A class two bulk storage site license shall be required for the bulk storage of liquefied petroleum gas.
(3) A class three cylinder transport license shall be required to operate a cylinder delivery service.
(4) A class four cylinder filling license shall be required to operate a cylinder filling facility. For the purpose of this paragraph, "cylinder filling facility" shall include any facility that fills cylinders or sells cylinder valves.
(5) A class five recreational vehicle fueling license shall be required to fuel recreational vehicles or mobile fuel containers.
(6) A class six cylinder exchange cabinet license shall be required to establish a cylinder exchange cabinet or participate in a cylinder program. Each cabinet shall be required to have a new sticker applied to the cabinet annually. Each sticker shall be provided by the state fire marshal's office.
(7) A class seven self-serve liquefied petroleum gas dispensing license shall be required to operate a liquefied petroleum gas fueling facility.
(8) A class eight installation and service of liquefied petroleum gas systems license shall be required to install, maintain, or modify a residential or commercial liquefied petroleum gas distribution and utilization system.
(c) Each license shall expire on September 30 each year.
(d) Any LP gas license may be renewed annually. Each applicant for renewal shall submit the following to the state fire marshal's office on or before July 15:
(1) The renewal form;
(2) proof that the continuing education requirements have been met; and
(3) proof of continuous general liability insurance coverage of at least $1,000,000. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2016 Supp. 55-1812; implementing K.S.A. 55-1809 and K.S.A. 2016 Supp. 55-1812; effective March 31, 2006; amended April 6, 2018.)