Kan. Admin. Regs. § 26-50-32 - Medication aide course; instructor and course sponsor
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
26-50-32. Medication aide course; instructor and course sponsor. (a) Each instructor of the medication aide course shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Be licensed to practice as an RN and have no pending or current disciplinary actions against that individual's license; and
(2) have at least two years of clinical experience as an RN. Any pharmacist licensed in Kansas and actively working in the pharmacy field may conduct part of the training under the supervision of an approved instructor.
(b) When seeking approval as a medication aide course instructor, the applicant shall submit a completed instructor approval application to the department at least three weeks before offering an initial course and shall have obtained approval from the secretary before the beginning date of the initial course.
(c) Each instructor and each course sponsor shall ensure that the following requirements are met:
(1) A completed course approval application form shall be submitted to the department at least three weeks before offering any initial or subsequent medication aide course. Course approval shall be obtained from the secretary before the beginning date of each initial or subsequent medication aide course.
(2) The course shall be prepared and administered in accordance with the "Kansas certified medication aide curriculum" and the "Kansas certified medication aide course instruction manual," as adopted by reference in K.A.R. 26-50-12.
(3) Each person shall be screened and tested for comprehension of the written English language at an eighth-grade reading level before enrolling in the course.
(4) The clinical instruction and skills performance involving the administering of medications shall be under the direct supervision of the instructor and shall be limited to clinical experiences that are only for the purpose of learning medication administration skills.
(5) During the clinical instruction and skills performance, the instructor shall perform no duties other than the provision of direct supervision to the student.
(6) A list of the name of each person who successfully completed the course and passed the state test, along with a nonrefundable application fee of $20.00 for each person and that person's completed application form, shall be submitted to the department.
(d) Any instructor or course sponsor who does not fulfill the requirements of this regulation may be subject to withdrawal of approval to serve as an instructor or a course sponsor. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 39-925, 39-936, 39-1901, and 39-1908; implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 39-925, 39-936, and 39-1908 and K.S.A. 65-1,120 and 65-1,121; effective, T-26-6-28-13, June 28, 2013; effective Oct. 25, 2013.)