Kan. Admin. Regs. § 26-50-38 - Medication aide; certification renewal and reinstatement; notification of changes
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
26-50-38. Medication aide; certification renewal and reinstatement; notification of changes. (a) Each person who has been certified as a medication aide as specified in K.A.R. 26-5030 and wants to maintain that person's certification shall complete a 10-hour continuing education course every two years before that person's certification expires. The course shall be approved by the secretary. Approved continuing education hours completed in excess of the requirement shall not be carried over to the next certification renewal period.
(b) Each medication aide's certification shall be renewed every two years upon the department's receipt of each of the following from the course instructor before that medication aide's certification expires:
(1) Verification of the medication aide's completion of 10 hours of an approved continuing education course;
(2) the medication aide's renewal form; and
(3) a nonrefundable renewal fee of $20.00.
(c)(1) Each person's medication aide certification shall be valid for two years from the date of issuance.
(2) Each person whose medication aide certification has been expired for not more than one year may have that person's certification reinstated and may be listed on the Kansas nurse aide registry if the department receives the items specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (3) from the course instructor.
(3) Each person whose certification has been expired for more than one year shall retake the 75-hour medication aide course and the state test, for reinstatement of certification and listing on the Kansas nurse aide registry.
(d) Each certified medication aide shall notify the department of any change in that person's address or name. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 39-925, 39-936, 39-1901, and 39-1908; implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 39-925, 39-936, and 39-1908 and K.S.A. 65-1,120 and 65-1,121; effective, T-26-6-28-13, June 28, 2013; effective Oct. 25, 2013.)