Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1204 - Licensure; renewal; notifications; exceptions; amendments

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) No person shall operate a PRTF unless issued a temporary permit or a license by the secretary.
(b) No earlier than 90 days before the renewal date but no later than the renewal date, each licensee who wishes to renew the license shall complete and submit an application for renewal on forms provided by the department, including the requests for background checks specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1205, and shall submit the fee specified in K.A.R. 28-4-92.
(c) Failure to submit the renewal application and fee as required by subsection (b) shall result in an assessment of a late renewal fee pursuant to K.S.A. 65-505, and amendments thereto, and may result in closure of the PRTF.
(d) Each licensee shall notify the department within 24 hours of any change in approval or accreditation required in K.A.R. 28-4-1201.
(e) Any applicant or licensee may request an exception from the secretary.
(1) Any request for an exception may be granted if the secretary determines that the exception is in the best interest of one or more residents or the family of a resident and the exception does not violate statutory requirements.
(2) Written notice from the secretary stating the nature of each exception and its duration shall be kept on file at the PRTF and shall be readily accessible to the department, SRS, and JJA.
(f) Each licensee shall obtain the secretary's written approval before making any change in any of the following:
(1) The use or proposed use of the buildings;
(2) any changes to the physical structure of any building, including the following:
(A) An addition or alteration as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1215;
(B) any change in the use of locked entrances or exits; and
(C) any change in any delayed-exit mechanisms;
(3) the addition or removal of a locking system for any room used for seclusion, as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1212; or
(4) the program, provided through either of the following:
(A) Direct services; or
(B) agreements with specified community resources.
(g) Any licensee may submit a written request for an amended license.
(1) Each licensee who intends to change the terms of the license, including the maximum number, the age range, or the gender of residents to be served, shall submit a request for an amendment on a form provided by the department and a nonrefundable amendment fee of $35. An amendment fee shall not be required if the request to change the terms of the license is made at the time of the renewal.
(2) Each request for a change in the maximum number, the age range, or the gender of residents to be served shall include written documentation of the notification to the school district where the PRTF is located, as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1202.
(3) The licensee shall make no change to the terms of the license, including the maximum number of residents, the age range of residents to be served, the gender of residents, and the type of license, until an amendment is granted, in writing, by the secretary.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1204
Authorized by K.S.A. 65-508; implementing K.S.A. 65-504, 65-505, and 65-508 and K.S.A. 2008 Supp. 65-516; effective Oct. 9, 2009.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.