Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1252 - Terms of a temporary permit or license

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Temporary permit or license required. No person shall operate a facility unless the person has been issued a temporary permit or a license by the secretary.
(b) Requirements. Each permittee and each licensee shall ensure that the following requirements are met:
(1) Each temporary permit or license shall be valid only for the permittee or licensee and for the address specified on the temporary permit or the license. When an initial or amended license becomes effective, all temporary permits or licenses previously granted to the permittee or licensee at the same address shall become void.
(2) The maximum number, the age range, and the gender of residents authorized by the temporary permit or the license shall not be exceeded.
(3) The current temporary permit or the current license shall be posted conspicuously within the facility.
(c) New application required. A new application and the fee specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1251(a) shall be submitted for each change of ownership or location at least 90 calendar days before the planned change.
(d) Changes. Each applicant, each permittee, and each licensee shall obtain the secretary's written approval before making any change in any of the following:
(1) The use or proposed use of the buildings;
(2) the physical structure of any building, including the following:
(A) An addition or alteration as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1265(a)(2)(B);
(B) the use of locked entrances; and
(C) any delayed-exit mechanisms;
(3) the program, provided through either direct services or agreements with specified individuals or community resources; or
(4) orientation topics or required in-service training.
(e) Renewals.
(1) No earlier than 90 calendar days before the renewal date but no later than the renewal date, each licensee shall complete and submit an application for renewal on forms provided by the department, including the requests for background checks specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1253, and the fee specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1251(a).
(2) Failure to submit the renewal application and fee within 30 days after the expiration of the license shall result in an assessment of a late renewal fee pursuant to K.S.A. 65-505, and amendments thereto, and may result in closure of the facility.
(f) Exceptions. Any applicant, permittee, or licensee may request an exception to a specific facility regulation or any portion of a specific facility regulation. Each request shall be submitted to the secretary on a form provided by the department. A copy of each request shall be provided to the Kansas department for children and families and the office of the Kansas attorney general.
(1) A request for an exception may be granted if the secretary determines that the exception is not detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of one or more residents or the family of a resident and the exception does not violate statutory requirements.
(2) Written notice from the secretary stating the nature of each exception and its duration shall be kept on file at the facility and shall be readily accessible to the department and the Kansas department for children and families.
(g) Amendments. Any licensee may submit a written request for an amended license.
(1) Each licensee who intends to change the terms of the license, including the maximum number, the age range, or the gender of residents to be served, shall submit a request for an amendment on a form provided by the department and a nonrefundable amendment fee of $35. An amendment fee shall not be required if the request to change the terms of the license is made at the time of license renewal.
(2) Each request for a change in the maximum number, the age range, or the gender of residents to be served shall include written documentation of the notification to the school district where the facility is located, as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-1251(f).
(3) The licensee shall make no change to the terms of the license, including the maximum number of residents, the age range of residents to be served, the gender of residents, and the type of license, unless an amendment has been granted, in writing, by the secretary.
(h) Closure. Any applicant or permittee may withdraw the application for a license. Any licensee may submit, at any time, a request to close the facility operated by the licensee. If an application is withdrawn or a facility is closed, the current temporary permit or license granted to the permittee or licensee for that facility shall become void.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1252
Authorized by K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 65-508 and 65-535; implementing K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 65-504, 65-505, 65-508, 65-516, and 65-535; effective, T-28-12-17-13, Dec. 17, 2013; effective March 28, 2014.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.