Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1308 - Reporting requirements
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-1308. Reporting requirements. (a) Each licensee shall ensure that the following incidents are reported to the department by the next working day, on a form provided by the department, and to any other authorities in accordance with state statute:
(1) A stillbirth or the death of a patient or a newborn;
(2) the death of an employee while on duty;
(3) any intentional or unintentional injuries sustained by any patient, newborn, or employee while on duty;
(4) any fire damage or other damage to the premises that affects the safety of any patient, newborn, or employee; and
(5) any other incident that, in the judgment of the clinical director or the acting clinical director, compromises the ability of the birth center to provide appropriate and safe care to patients and newborns.
(b) If a licensee, employee, patient, or newborn contracts a reportable infectious or contagious disease specified in K.A.R. 28-1-2, the licensee shall ensure that the disease is reported to the county health department as specified in K.A.R. 28-1-2. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective July 9, 2010.)