Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1315 - Maintenance
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-1315. Maintenance. (a) Each licensee shall ensure that the building is kept clean at all times and free from accumulated dirt and from vermin infestation.
(b) Each licensee shall develop and implement a maintenance plan to ensure that all of the following conditions are met:
(1) A schedule for cleaning the birth center is established.
(2) All floors and walking surfaces are kept free of hazards, maintained in good repair, and kept clean at all times.
(3) Housekeeping services are provided to maintain a sanitary environment.
(4) Each birthing room, including equipment, is cleaned after each delivery and before reuse.
(5) The toilets, lavatories, sinks, and other facilities are clean at all times.
(6) The mops and other cleaning tools are cleaned after each use and stored in a well-ventilated place on racks.
(7) All pesticides and other poisons are used in accordance with product instructions and stored in a locked area.
(8) Safe storage for cleaning and laundry supplies is provided.
(9) Each indoor trash container is emptied, as needed, to control odor and to prevent the overflowing of contents.
(10) The methods used to dispose of trash, including biomedical waste, human tissue, and sharp instruments, are safe and sanitary.
(11) Hot and cold running water is supplied to each sink and all bathing facilities.
(12) The hot water temperature does not exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(13) Toilet paper, soap, and either paper towels or hand dryers are available in each restroom and each bathroom in the birth center. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective July 9, 2010.)