Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-1316 - Safety
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-1316. Safety. (a) Each licensee shall ensure the safety of all patients, newborns, employees, and visitors according to the following requirements:
(1) Each birth center shall have a working telephone on the premises and available for use at all times. Emergency telephone numbers shall be posted by each telephone or shall be readily accessible. These telephone numbers shall include telephone numbers for the fire department, hospital, ambulance, and police.
(2) Each exit shall be marked. No exit shall be blocked at any time.
(3) All drugs, chemicals, and medications shall be kept in locked storage and secured in specifically designated and labeled cabinets, drawers, closets, storerooms, or refrigerators and shall be made accessible only to authorized employees.
(b) Each licensee shall ensure the development and implementation of a disaster plan to provide for the evacuation and safety of patients, newborns, employees, and visitors in case of fire, tornadoes, storms, floods, power outages, and other types of emergencies specific to the geographic area in which the birth center is located.
(1) The disaster plan shall be posted in a conspicuous place in each indoor room.
(2) Each employee shall be informed of and shall follow the disaster plan.
(3) A review of the disaster plan, including fire and tornado drills, shall be conducted with the employees at least once every six months, and the date of each review shall be recorded.
(4) Fire and tornado drills shall be conducted with the employees at least quarterly, and the date of each drill shall be recorded.
(c) Heating appliances, when used, shall be used as intended, safely located, equipped with a protective barrier as needed to prevent injury, and maintained in operating condition. If combustible fuel is used, the appliance shall be vented to the outside.
(d) Each licensee shall develop and implement policies and procedures regarding the storage and handling of firearms and other weapons on the premises.
(e) Pets and any other animals shall be prohibited in the birth center, with the exception of service animals. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective July 9, 2010.)