Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-287 - Terms of license

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) The maximum number and age range of juveniles who may be cared for in each living unit shall be specified on the license.
(b) Each facility license shall be valid only for the licensee and the address appearing on the license. A new application shall be required for each change of ownership, sponsor, or address of the facility.
(c) Each license shall not give the attendant care facility permission to place children.
(d) Claims as to specialized services shall not be made unless the facility is staffed and equipped to offer such services.
(e) Each applicant or licensee shall inform the licensing authority when the application is to be withdrawn or the license is not to be renewed. The Kansas department of health and environment shall notify the applicant or licensee and other appropriate agencies that the facility is considered closed and the license terminated.
(1) Any applicant or licensee may submit a written request for an exception to a regulation to the Kansas department of health and environment. An exception shall be granted if the secretary determines the exception to be in the best interest of a juvenile, and if statutory requirements are not violated.
(2) Written notice from the Kansas department of health and environment stating the nature of the exception and its duration shall be posted with the license.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-287
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective, T-28-7-29-88, July 29, 1988; effective Dec. 12, 1988.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.