Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-400 - Definitions
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-400. Definitions. (a) "Cash assets" means money, savings accounts, saving certificates, checking accounts, and stocks and bonds.
(b) "Diagnostic service" means an evaluation to identify a handicapping disease or disease process.
(c) "Emergency" means an unanticipated, urgent event requiring immediate medical treatment.
(1) "Family," for an eligible person who resides with the person's parents, stepparents or legal guardian or who is considered to be a dependent of that person's parents, stepparents or legal guardian for income tax purposes, means the eligible person, person's parents, stepparents or legal guardian and all other persons who reside in the same home as that of the person. Family shall not include persons who lease or rent a portion of the residence.
(2) "Family," for an eligible person who has established a separate residence and is no longer considered a dependent of the person's parents, stepparents or legal guardian for income tax purposes, means the eligible person, the person's spouse and children, and all other relatives and persons who reside in the same home as that person. Family shall not include persons who lease or rent a portion of the residence.
(e) "Family income" means the total income received by all adult members of the family, based upon one or more of the following, with the addition of non-taxable benefits from whatever source:
(1) the total amount of adjusted gross income reported for federal income tax purposes on the most recent federal income tax return;
(2) three months of pay stubs; or
(3) a letter of anticipated earnings from the employer when the most recent federal income tax return does not reflect current income.
(f) "Family living allowance" means the amount established by the secretary as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-403(b).
(g) "Health care plan" means documents prepared by the secretary that state a plan of treatment, describe the authorized services, and identify the approved providers of service, the time frame for provision of services, and the party responsible for payment for services.
(h) "Prior authorization" means the approval of a request to provide a specific service before the provision of the service, or in an emergency, within two working days after the emergency occurs.
(i) "Managed care" means coordination, direction, and provision of health services to an identified group of individuals by providers, agencies or organizations.
(j) "Medicaid" means the title xix of the social security act.
(k) "Medical treatment" means any medical or surgical service and any medical equipment, device or supply provided to a person who is eligible for assistance under the services for children with special health care needs program.
(l) "Resident" means a person who is living in the state with the intention of making a permanent home in the state.
(m) "Secretary" means the secretary of the department of health and environment or the secretary's designee. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-5a08; effective, E-82-10, April 27, 1981; effective May 1, 1982; amended May 1, 1983; amended, T-85-41, Dec. 19, 1984; amended May 1, 1985; amended Dec. 26, 1989; amended Sept. 12, 1997.)