Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-426 - Administration
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-426. Administration. (a) Line of authority. There shall be a written delegation of administrative authority designating the person in charge in the facility for all hours of operation.
(b) Admission policy.
(1) Arrangements for the admission of children shall be made prior to the admission date to the center or preschool.
(2) Each admission policy shall be non-discriminatory in regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, or sex, in accordance with K.S.A. 44-1009. A copy of the admission policy shall be available for review.
(3) Each parent shall be informed of services offered.
(4) Each parent shall be informed when religious training is included in the program.
(1) Accident insurance shall be carried on children.
(2) Liability insurance shall be carried by the center or preschool to provide recourse to parents of children enrolled in the event of negligence.
(3) Documentation of insurance coverage shall be on file, including the name of the insurance company or companies, policy number or numbers and dates of coverage.
(d) Staff records. The following records shall be maintained for each staff person:
(1) A record of education and experience;
(2) date of employment;
(3) a record of scheduled hours;
(4) a record of in-service training;
(5) a health certificate; and
(6) work references.
(e) Children's records.
(1) A daily attendance record shall be maintained and kept on file at the facility.
(2) The following emergency information shall be readily accessible and near the telephone:
(A) Name, date of birth, and sex of child;
(B) name, home and business address, and phone numbers of parents or legal guardian;
(C) name, address, and telephone number of physician, hospital, and person to notify in case of emergency; and
(D) persons authorized to call for the child.
(3) A file shall be maintained for each child which includes:
(A) The application for enrollment, including beginning date and date of termination;
(B) a record of scheduled hours and days of attendance;
(C) a health assessment and immunization record;
(D) each accident report; and
(E) signed parental permission for field trips, transfer of records, and when applicable, walking to and from activities away from the facility.
(4) Children's records shall be confidential. Staff shall not disclose nor discuss personal information regarding children and their relatives with any unauthorized person.
(5) Each child's records and reports shall be made available to the child's parents on request. Children's health records shall be returned to the parents when the children are no longer enrolled. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective May 1, 1983; amended May 1, 1985; amended May 1, 1986.)