Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-434 - Preschools
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-434. Preschools. (a) Inside area. Any building used as a residence shall be licensed as a preschool only if there is a room or rooms designated exclusively for preschool use.
(1) A nutritious snack shall be provided daily and shall include at least one of the following foods:
(A) Milk, milk product, or food made with milk;
(B) fruit, vegetable, or full-strength fruit or vegetable juice;
(D) peanut butter; or
(E) bread or cereal product.
(2) Fluid dairy products shall be Grade A pasteurized. Solid dairy products shall be pasteurized.
(3) Refrigeration shall be provided for perishable foods.
(4) If reusable table service is used for snacks, appropriate dishwashing methods shall be followed as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-439(k).
(5) Appropriate table service shall be used for serving snacks. Children's food shall not be placed on the bare table.
(c) Outdoor play. Outdoor play space shall not be required. If outdoor play is included in the preschool program, the requirements of K.A.R. 28-4-437 shall be met. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective May 1, 1983; amended May 1, 1984.)