Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-50 - Acceptable types of water supplies for licensed child care homes

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Public water supply systems approved by the state department of health shall be used wherever such supplies are available or can be made available at reasonable cost.
(b) Properly located, constructed and equipped private ground water supplies approved by the department may be used if a public supply is not available. Environmental health services bulletin 4-1, a manual of recommended standards for locating, constructing, and equipping water wells for rural homes, shall be used as a guide for approving private ground water supplies.
(c) Stored water obtained from a supply approved by the department, and transported, and stored in facilities approved by the department may be used at homes where a public water supply or a satisfactory ground water supply is not available.
(d) Other methods of providing water for a home will be considered on an individual basis. All approval for such use shall be obtained from the chief engineer, state department of health.
(e) No water supply containing more than 45 mg/1 of nitrates expressed as NO3 shall be used at a home providing care for children under one year of age.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-50
Authorized by K.S.A. 65-508; effective Jan. 1, 1966; amended Jan. 1, 1971.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.