Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-577 - Terms of temporary permit or license
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-577. Terms of temporary permit or license. (a) License capacity.
(1) Building-based programs. The license capacity of each building-based program shall be determined by the combined indoor and outdoor available space for activities. For each child or youth counted in the license capacity, each operator shall provide 35 square feet of indoor available space for activities. If outdoor space is used, the license capacity may be increased by one child or youth for each 75 square feet of outdoor available space for activities, with the total license capacity not to exceed 175% of the license capacity based on the indoor space.
(2) Outdoor summer camps. The license capacity of each outdoor summer camp shall be determined by the available space for activities. For each child or youth counted in the license capacity, the operator shall provide 75 square feet of available space for activities.
(3) Mobile summer programs. The license capacity of each mobile summer program shall be determined by the available space for activities at the drop-off and pick-up site. Each operator shall provide 20 square feet of available space for activities at the site for each child and youth.
(b) Posting temporary permit or license. Each operator shall post each temporary permit or license in a conspicuous place on the premises that is visible to parents.
(c) License capacity not to be exceeded. Each operator shall limit the number of children and youth attending the program at any one time within the license capacity specified on the license.
(d) Provisions for issuing license. No license shall be issued by the secretary until all the applicable provisions of the following have been met:
(1) K.S.A. 65-501 through K.S.A. 65-516, and amendments thereto;
(2) K.S.A. 65-523 through K.S.A. 65-529, and amendments thereto;
(3) K.S.A. 65-531, and amendments thereto; and
(4) all applicable regulations.
(e) Validity of temporary permit or license.
(1) Each temporary permit or license shall be valid only for the person and the address specified on the temporary permit or license.
(2) When an initial or amended license becomes effective, all temporary permits, licenses, or certificates of registration previously issued to the operator at the same address shall become invalid.
(f) Withdrawal of application. Any applicant or operator may, at any time, submit a request to withdraw the application for a license or a license renewal. If an application for license or license renewal is withdrawn, each temporary permit or license issued to the operator based on that application shall become invalid. (Authorized by K.S.A. 65-508; implementing K.S.A. 65-504; effective, T-28-4-1-02, April 1, 2002; effective Jan. 10, 2003; amended, T-28-3-19-04, March 19, 2004; amended Sept. 10, 2004.)