Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-580 - Application procedures; advertising
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-580. Application procedures; advertising. (a) Application procedures.
(1) Each person wishing to conduct a school-age program shall submit a complete application on forms supplied by the department. The application shall be submitted at least 90 calendar days before the planned opening date of the program and shall include the following:
(A) A description of the program of activities and services to be offered, including the following:
(i) A statement of the program's purpose and goals;
(ii) the number and ages of children and youth for whom the program is designed; and
(iii) the anticipated opening date and the projected hours and months of operation;
(B) a request for a criminal history and child abuse registry background check as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-584; and
(C) a nonrefundable license fee of $20.00.
(2) If an existing building is to be used, the applicant shall submit a detailed floor plan describing all of the following:
(A) The intended use of the space;
(B) the location of each activity area within the building;
(C) the measurements for each room used by children and youth for activities;
(D) the location of each rest room designated for use, including the number of toilets, urinals, and hand sinks; and
(E) the location of entrances and exits.
(3) If new construction or remodeling is planned, the applicant shall submit a building and site plan to the secretary at least 45 calendar days before the construction or remodeling is scheduled to begin. Each building and site plan shall include all of the information listed in paragraph (a)(2) of this regulation. Each applicant shall obtain approval of the plan from the secretary before beginning construction or remodeling. If changes are made to the building or site plan following the secretary's approval, the applicant shall submit a description of the proposed changes to the secretary for approval before construction or remodeling begins.
(4) If outdoor activities are conducted on the premises, the applicant shall include a diagram of the outside activity area for approval by the secretary. The diagram shall include the following:
(A) Measurements of the space to be used;
(B) the location relative to the building;
(C) the means of access to the area from the building;
(D) the placement of anchored equipment; and
(E) the location of any hazards adjacent to the outside activity area, including heavily traveled streets, railroad tracks, and bodies of water.
(5) Each applicant for a license to conduct an outdoor summer camp shall submit documentation of site approval as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-586.
(b) Advertising. If an applicant advertises the availability of the program, the advertisement shall not contradict the written description of the program of activities and services submitted with the application. The applicant shall not make a claim of "state approval" until the secretary issues a temporary permit or license. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2001 Supp. 65-508; implementing K.S.A. 2001 Supp. 65-505 and 65-508; effective, T-28-4-1-02, April 1, 2002; effective Jan. 10, 2003.)