Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-583 - Access to the premises; safety of off-premises activities
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-583. Access to the premises; safety of off-premises activities. (a) Access to the premises. Each operator shall give each custodial parent or other adult responsible for a child or youth attending the program immediate access to the premises during all hours of operation.
(b) Arrivals and departures. Each operator of a program in which children and youth attend on a regular basis shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Each operator shall develop and implement a policy regarding the hours of operation, the times for arrival and departure of each child and youth, and supervision during arrival and departure. The operator shall define in the policy the supervisory and notification responsibilities of each staff member if a child or youth does not arrive at the established time or if a parent or other authorized individual is late picking up the child or youth.
(2) Each operator shall inform each parent or other adult responsible for a child or youth of the policy specified in paragraph (b)(1) and shall ensure that each staff member complies with the policy.
(c) Program-sponsored off-premises activities.
(1) Each operator shall obtain prior written permission, as specified in K.A.R. 28-4-582, for each child or youth to go off the premises for program-sponsored activities.
(2) Each off-premises location and activity shall be related directly to the program of activities and the goals and purpose of the program. Each location shall be used with strict regard for the health and safety of each child or youth, shall be age-appropriate, and shall have sufficient space and equipment for the activities being conducted at that location.
(3) Each operator shall maintain on the premises a record of the following information:
(A) Each destination;
(B) the time at which the children or youth leave the premises;
(C) the name of each adult supervising the children or youth while the children or youth are off the premises;
(D) a telephone number for reaching an adult supervising the children or youth, in case of emergency; and
(E) the estimated time of return.
(4) Each operator shall ensure that a method is in place for notifying each parent or other adult responsible for the child or youth before each off-premises activity occurs. These methods for notification may consist of any of the following:
(A) Posting the notification in a place accessible to the parent or other adult responsible for each child or youth;
(B) providing a calendar of scheduled off-premises activities to the parent or other adult responsible for each child or youth; or
(C) providing a written notification to the parent or other adult responsible for each child or youth before each off-premises activity.
(5) Each operator and each staff member shall have a method of accounting for each child or youth while off the premises to ensure that no child or youth is forgotten or left behind. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective, T-28-4-1-02, April 1, 2002; effective Jan. 10, 2003; amended, T-28-3-19-04, March 19, 2004; amended Sept. 10, 2004.)