Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-607 - Responsibilities of support personnel
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-607. Responsibilities of support personnel. (a) Each person who screens the hearing of newborns and infants shall meet the following criteria:
(1) Meet the minimum qualifications specified in K.A.R. 28-4-608;
(2) periodically demonstrate the competency-based skills necessary to perform the specific tasks assigned by the medical care facility;
(3) follow the policies and procedures of the medical care facility; and
(4) successfully complete the training specified in K.A.R. 28-4-608.
(b) Support personnel shall not perform the following:
(1) Interpret screening results and other clinical data; and
(2) refer a newborn's or infant's parent to any other professional or agency without a specific policy established by the medical care facility. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-1,157a; effective July 2, 2004.)